Saturday, June 6, 2020

Mother 3



    I have played Mother 1&2 lightly on my gameboy advance multicart, but the translations were so shitty I could not understand anything. Most of the main plot text was in english, but a lot of it was just showing up as gibberish. This was not another language, but rather corrupted data that appeared as wingding-esque characters. The little bit I could play of those two games I really enjoyed.
    Because of my positive experience, I wanted to be able to play for real. I bought a mother 3 reproduction cart with good reviews. It came really nice and plays perfect. Sometimes reproduction cartridges suck like my Pokemon Soul Silver, but what it seems to come down to is antipiracy measures put in the particular game. I think my Soul Silver freezes as an antipiracy measure as I have heard there are several different measures in that game. There are patches but since I bought from a sketchy seller, I have no idea what is on there. It is not a flash cart or whatever because there is no micro SD so I can't look at the roms.
    I have been playing Mother 3 on many different consoles as I have been on the great search for the best method of playing my GBA games. I started with my refurbished SP Ags 101, well that gameboy had all kinds of issues and I had to sell it. I then purchased a refurbished, original, GBA with an Ags 101 screen mod. That also was fucked because there was a flicker on the screen as well as the battery light. The seller allowed me to return for a full refund. Well now, I have a silver refurbished DS lite coming from China. I really hate buying from China because of how damn long speedpak takes. The price was cheap and they had good reviews so I am hoping it is worth it. I am on day eleven of waiting :P
    While I am waiting, I was able to switch out the battery from my old DS lite from childhood. The thing is beat up to shit with so many scratches on the screen and body, so I am eagerly awaiting my new one to come in. Playing gameboy advance games on the DS lite is so good, which makes sense since it is the latest hardware to play advance games. I should have started with a DS lite from the beginning.
    Mother 3 has been appealing to me because of the cute ass graphics. I hate medieval stuff so the fact that it is set in a modern setting is great. I love the unique cast of characters with pretty deep personalities. I particularly loved some of the dark violence and themes that are being portrayed in this game, like slavery and assault.
    The enemies are one of my favorite aspects of the game. They are all so unique and some of them are hilarious. It reminds me of the unique enemies in Persona 4 that crawl around the dungeons (god I miss that game). I also enjoy how forgiving the game is, allowing you to respawn from the last save point with all your XP as many times as you like. Speaking of hilarious this game has such quirky humor that I love. I have started to fall down a hole of the development for the series. I love retro game history (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧!!

music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJu6gBEHIvs

No comments:

Post a Comment